Quick Links:Contact Information
What is Charlotte Douglas International Airport's (CLT) contact information?
If you have a question, comment or concern that you would like to share, you can e-mail us at email@example.com
You will be responded to during traditional business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., EST).
If you need immediate information, contact CLT at: 704-359-4013, or the other numbers listed below:
- Airport Information: 704-359-4013
- Aviation Department/Main Switchboard: 704-359-4000
- Toll Free: I-800-FLY-CDIA
- Airport Administration Fax: 704-359-4030
- Airport Paging & Information: 704-359-4013
- Airport Lost & Found: see below for more information
- Airport Law Enforcement & Emergency: 704-359-4012
- Airport Parking: 704-359-4038
- Airport Advertising: 980-613-4873
- Visitor Info Center: 704-359-4027
Before Departing from CLT: Arriving, Checking in and Security Protocol What time do I need to arrive before my departure?
Every travel experience is different and it is important for travelers to plan extra time to arrive early. When traveling with young children, infants, elderly or disabled passengers, all for even more time.
Contact your airline for a specific time frame related to how early you should arrive before departing.What are the restrictions for curbside check-in?
Curbside check-in is offered by all airlines at CLT. For more specific information, contact the airline directly. What are the restrictions for curbside pick-up and drop-off?
Passengers can be picked up and dropped off along the terminal’s curbside. Be aware of and plan for the new traffic pattern
that is in use.
Do not leave cars unattended in front of the terminal. Curbside parking is not allowed, unattended vehicles may be towed.
Visitors picking up family or friends are encouraged to utilize the free Cell Phone Lots. Simply wait in your vehicle in one of the two free Cell Phone Lots (on Rental Car Road) and drive up to the terminal's lower level (baggage claim) to pick up a passenger after they have claimed their luggage.
Please view the map at parking.charlotteairport.com
to locate parking availability and directions.What do I need to know about the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations before coming to CLT?
All security checkpoints at CLT are operated by the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Before leaving home, passengers should be aware of the security regulations mandated by the TSA. For specific security-related information, questions or updates, including a list of prohibited items
, visit tsa.gov.
For more security related information, questions or updates, please contact the TSA at 1-866-289-9673 or e-mail TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov
, or visit the TSA web site
CLT offers close and convenient parking options for your needs and budget. There are six facilities to choose from, parking is provided on first come, first served-basis and traveleres shoould plan additional time; even during the busiest of days, parking will be provided for all passengers.
Current parking rates are available by clicking here
or visiting the parking web page
Complimentary shuttle bus service operates 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. All Airport facilities offer handicap parking.
to review specific questions related to parking and shuttle bus service.
The terminal is accessible by foot from the new Hourly Parking Deck level 2. Utilize the Hourly Parking Deck w
hen dropping off family and friends. The first hour of parking is free.
Visitors are also encouraged to utilize the free Cell Phone Lots. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
If you want to pick your passenger up in the terminal, you will have to park and take a shuttle to the terminal.
View the map at parking.charlotteairport.com
to locate all of the parking options available, including the Cell Phone Lots. Additionally, by clicking on a parking facility, you can receive directions to your destination.
SmokingWhere can I smoke at the airport?
CLT is a smoke-free facility; this includes all restaurants, bars and airline clubs. Smoking is allowed outside, 100 feet away from the terminal's doorway. Because the smoking areas are outside the terminal, passengers will have to go through TSA security screening before returning to the gate area.
Lost and FoundI left my jacket on an airplane, how can I find it?
Contact the airline
that you flew with directly.
Items that are left behind at CLT can be turned into different agencies depending on where they were lost. If you know the exact location of where the items were misplaced, please contact the corresponding agency directly. If in doubt, please contact each agency individually.
- Aircraft or Boarding Area – the airline you flew with
- Security Checkpoint – TSA Lost and Found, 704-916-2200
- Restaurants and Food Court – HMSHost, 704-359-4508
- Retail Stores – The Paradies Shops, 704-359-1890
- All other areas – Airport Lost and Found, 704-359-8765, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To report lost item, please contact CLT Airport’s Lost and Found at 704-359-8765. If after 4 p.m., leave a message including:
- Your contact information (name, phone number and e-mail address)
- Date and location the item was lost or last seen
- Description of the item (if it is a cell phone, please leave the number of the cell phone, the carrier and brand of the phone)
The office is staffed from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily. If your item has been located, the administrator will contact you to arrange pick up. You will not be contacted if the item was not turned in.
Property that remains unclaimed for 90 days will become the property of the City of Charlotte.
All carry-on items must be screened at security checkpoints. Liquids are allowed in carry-on luggage in accordance with the 3-1-1 format
. One bag per passenger is allowed along with one personal item. There are exceptions for baby food/formula as well as items needed for special medical purposes
Do not wrap gifts. Security will open packages that may need to be inspected. Passengers should wait until arriving at their final destination to wrap gifts.How many carry-on items are passengers permitted to take on aircraft?
Passengers are limited to one carry-on item along with one personal item, such as a purse or briefcase. How can I find out if my luggage is too large to carry onto a plane?
For specific information, contact your airline
for their carry-on luggage policies.
Meeting/Picking up Passengers
The terminal is accessible by foot from the new Hourly Parking Deck level 2. Utilize the Hourly Parking Deck when dropping off family and friends. The first hour of parking is free. My friend is flying through CLT and will have a three-hour layover. Since non-ticketed passengers are not allowed through the security checkpoints, where can I meet them?
Although non-ticketed passengers are not allowed through the checkpoints, they are still allowed in the areas prior to the checkpoints. These areas include the upper ticketing level and the lower baggage claim level. Where is the best place to pick-up my friend?
If you are meeting a passenger for pick-up inside the terminal, you should meet on the lower baggage claim level. Utilize the Hourly Parking Deck when dropping off family and friends. The first hour of parking is free.
When picking up a passenger, visitors are also encouraged to utilize one of the two free Cell Phone Lots. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
View the map at parking.charlotteairport.com
to locate parking options (including the Cell Phone Lot) and directions.
Passengers with Special Considerations and Needs
My sister is restricted to a wheelchair. How can I make arrangements to get her to and from the gate if non-ticketed passengers are not allowed through the checkpoints?
- It is recommended that you or your sister notify the airline that special assistance will be required.
- It is recommended that one of you notify the airline if she needs an airline representative to accompany/help her to the gate.
- It is recommended that one of you check with the airline on the procedure for getting a pass/authorization for you, the companion/assistant, to accompany her through the security checkpoint and to her gate.
These recommendations also apply to minors and senior citizens needing special assistance or an escort to and from the gate.
Since non-ticketed passengers are not allowed beyond security checkpoints, what type of arrangements can be made for my 8-year-old child who is traveling alone?
Arrangements must be made through individual airlines. Please contact the airline to make special arrangements for assistance and to learn more about their unaccompanied minor policies.
How can I connect to the internet while at CLT?
Free WiFi is available to passengers throughout the Airport. Select the network "CLTNET". Open a new browser and accept the user agreement.
I'm having trouble connecting to the network, what should I do?
If you have trouble connecting to the WiFi network, ensure that you have accepted the user agreement. The user agreement must be selected every time you want to login to the system.
If you still can't access CLTNET, select the option for support or
The Airport recognizes that having a dedicated mothers nursing room is essential in our goal to serve customers and this will be in place in the near future.
At this time, regretfully offerings are limited however we can recommend a few options in the terminal for nursing mothers:
- Airport Chapel – also located on this Balcony area which overlooks the Atrium, the Chapel welcomes nursing mothers. Walk to the Atrium, (located between Concourse B and Concourse C), take the blue carpeted staircase located behind Hissho Sushi Bar (look for the aviation mobile overhead). At the top of the stairs, turn left to find the Chapel. It is open to the public all day, it serves as a meditation and quite from for the public. Please know that this area will remain open and accessible to the public. Seats and outlets are available.
- Balcony area which overlooks the Atrium - offers seats and outlets off of the main thoroughfare/walkway, in a more secluded area.
Walk to the Atrium, (located between Concourse B and Concourse C), take the blue carpeted staircase located behind Hissho Sushi Bar (look for the aviation mobile overhead).
- If traveling in the afternoon, Concourse D is a little less crowded. The very end of the concourse offers rocking chairs, a view of airfield and Uptown Charlotte. The rocking chairs face toward the window, providing a little more privacy as well as power outlets nearby.
- Many of the women’s restrooms offer a separate seated alcove area with a cushion and many of these areas have outlets available for use nearby.
Please find a map of the terminal here
The Airport is currently in design with converting an employee breakroom into a designated mothers nursing room. This mothers nursing room will offer a private area for up to 2-3 mothers to sit and nurse as well as access to a sink to rinse out the required items needed to nurse. Additionally, a designated mothers nursing room will be added in a future terminal expansion. This expansion will include this room, food court, children’s play area and post-security pet relief area. This expansion is currently under design and when construction occurs will occur for multiple years before completion.
We strive to review and enhance services to satisfy the needs of our customer.