Long Range Planning
2025 Transportation Plan
Begin preparation of a plan for Charlotte's transportation system that updates project priorities through 2025, incorporates a land use component, and meets local needs and federal air quality standards.
1. Design process for preparation of the 2025 Transportation Plan, which will be the basis for the air quality conformity determination, required in 2002.
2. Incorporate a land planning component in the 2025 Transportation Plan, guiding road and land use decisions similar to the way the 2025 Transit/Land-Use Plan combines land-use considerations with transit.
3. The land planning component will focus on the "wedges" identified in the 2025 Transit/Land-Use Plan but will also consider needs in the major corridors as well. Subjects might include the relationship between land-use and road needs, the concept of a balanced but finite roadway system, appropriate land uses and development patterns, the hierarchy of roads, provisions for the pedestrian and bicyclist and ways for roads to contribute to transit corridor accessibility.
- Creation of a federally approved plan that meets standards and spells out any remedial measures required for federal funding.
- Creation of a plan which introduces important land-use considerations in all aspects of transportation planning.
Prepare a Transit/Land-Use "Policy and Design Handbook." This represents an update of 2025 land-use and transit planning.
- Complete draft document by June 2001
Prepare a Transit/Land-Use "Policy and Design Handbook." This represents an update of 2025 land-use and transit planning.Complete draft document by June 2001