With your help, each year the Mayor's Youth Employment Program (MYEP) trains and develops the future workforce for the City of Charlotte. Interns provide multiple benefits to businesses, such as increased productivity by having interns engaged in meaningful task and project work.Host Employer Benefits
- A pre-screened intern who has completed a jobs skill training course.
- Direct support and monitoring of the intern through regular communication with MYEP staff.
- An opportunity to train future employees.
- A chance to give back to our community by making a difference in the life of a young person.
Host Employer Role
- Identify a supervisor who will be able to devote sufficient time to the intern.
- Develop a clear job description for the intern.
- Provide orientation or job-specific training, if required.
- Offer students a minimum of 20 hours per week at a rate of $8.00 per hour.
Ways to Support the Mayor's Youth Employment Program
- Provide an internship opportunity.
- Sponsor a youth with a non-profit organization.
- Provide a job shadow opportunity.
- Join MYEP for a career fair.
Interested in being a Host Employer? Fill out the Host Employer Application