The City recognizes that effective planning is vital as neighborhood and merchant associations work to achieve their goals. This year, the City has partnered with Foundation For The Carolinas (FFTC) to host neighborhood and merchant association strategic planning board retreats at FFTC’s new facility (220 North Tryon Street) on Saturday, July 14, 2012. Visit the Foundation For The Carolinas website
to see their new location.
So what will this strategic planning board retreat look like?
Up to17 boards will be provided a conference room, a continental breakfast and lunch, free parking and a trained facilitator to help facilitate the discussion. Prior to the retreat, the facilitator will contact board members to learn more about their organization and community. During the retreat, facilitators will help the board produce a work plan for the upcoming year. Upon completion of the retreat, eligible neighborhood and business associations who wish to apply for a Neighborhood Matching Grant will receive a $1500 match credit to use towards their project.
Who is eligible to apply for this retreat?
- The retreat is for the board of any neighborhood and merchant association in the City of Charlotte (not intended for the entire neighborhood association to participate).
- A minimum of five and a maximum of 10 board members are required to participate.
- Board members are encouraged to share their success and progress at the Spring 2013 Neighborhood Symposium.
- Neighborhood/Merchant Associations that participated in the Vision 2 Action Plan and Neighborhood Energy Challenge programs are NOT eligible to apply this year because they are already receiving assistance in developing strategic plans as part of their grants.
- Selection will be first come, first served, with four slots available for each Service Area of the city (northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest).
- Each board member must complete and submit an application to Neighborhood & Business Services by June 4, 2012.
If more associations want to participate than there is room for, additional retreats may be scheduled as staffing allows.
There are 3 ways to apply:
- Online application - Both the Neighborhood/Merchant Board application and the Board member application are available through the online application.
- Email - You may fill out the Word document applications and email them to Tracy Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail - You may print the forms, fill them out and mail them to:
Tracy Greene, Neighborhood & Business Services
600 East Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Download the Neighborhood/Merchant Board application (pdf)
| Neighborhood/Merchant Board application (.doc)
Download the Board member application (pdf)
| Board member application (.doc)
Please contact Tracy Greene at 704-336-3955 or email@example.com
for more information.