Have a project you want to complete but don't have the tools to do it? Take advantage of the Historic Northwest Community Tool Shed.
The Historic Northwest Community Tool Shed was made possible through a grant from the Lowe's Charitable and Educational Foundation
Tool Shed Instructions:
Download the Instructions
- Your local Lowe's store is a great resource to help you determine what tools you need. Then refer to The Historic Northwest Community Tool Shed inventory list to see what tools are available to you.
- Contact a Community Engagement Neighborhood Services Specialist to reserve the tools you need for your project (see below for contact information).
- Tools must be reserved a minimum of 2 business days in advance and you may keep them for up to 2 days.
- Tools may be available for checkout for up to 7 days with prior arrangements with a Neighborhood Services Specialist.
- You will be given a date and time window to return your borrowed tools.
- Fill out The Historic Northwest Community Tool Shed application and return via US mail or drop off in person to:
Neighborhood & Business Services
600 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
- Include the application fee paid by personal check or money order, made out to “Neighborhood & Business Services”. The application fee is $5 for individuals and $15 for groups.
- Complete your project. Take before and after pictures and email them to your Neighborhood Services Specialist.
- Return the cleaned and maintained tools to The Historic Northwest Community Tool Shed on the due date and within the requested time window.
Neighborhood Resource Coordinator
704-336-2175 or email@example.com
Corridor Business Liaison
704-336-5577 or firstname.lastname@example.org