Residential Services
Special Services
Print this PageSite Feedback
Recycling Rollout Cart
Moved Into A New Home?

If you have moved into a new home and would like to participate in the City's Recycle It! program, you may request a recycling rollout cart by calling 311 (704.336.7600). Please allow two service days for rollout cart delivery.


Whether you are moving across town or out of the Charlotte area, please do not take your recycling rollout cart with you. Rollout carts belong to the City of Charlotte and are tied to a residential address.

Cart Repair & Replacement Requests

If your rollout needs repair or replacement please submit a cart repair or replacement request to nmsmith@ci.charlotte.nc.us. Please provide the following information when submitting a cart repair request on-line:

  • Your name
  • Your address
  • Your telephone number
  • Your email address
  • Type of cart needing repair or replacement (garbage and/or recycling)
  • Nature of problem (i.e., lid, wheel broken, etc.)

It is important that you provide this information so that a Solid Waste Services representative can contact you regarding your request.

In order to receive cart repair services, rollout carts must be at curbside for service beginning the day the service request is made. Please allow up to 2 business days for cart repair or replacement.

Note: If cart is not available for service, you must call 311 to reschedule service. There is a 2 business day turnaround on missed service requests. Cart can be repaired and/or picked up with or without collection materials in the cart. Disability customers do not have to place carts at curbside for repair or replacement.