CDOT Requests
Frequently Used CDOT Services
Citizen Services
Print this PageSite Feedback
Beer and Wine Permits

A permit from the Charlotte Department of Transportation is required to temporarily close a street, or a portion thereof for a community sponsored event at which beer and wine is to be sold, distributed or consumed on the streets, sidewalks and public areas. Due to sizable insurance requirements most applications are for major events.

If your plans include alcoholic beverages, view the City Beer-Wine Permit Application or call CDOT at 704-336-5531.

If an Alcohol Permit is needed for a private event such as a wedding reception, please call the Alcohol Beverage Commission in Raleigh, NC at 919-779-0700 or visit