City Council adopted the TAP Update on August 22, 2011. The update follows the format of the original TAP, consisting of two documents:
Transportation Action Plan Policy Document
Due to the file size of the TAP's appendices, we've divided the TAP into two parts for easier download. The maps may take longer to download.
1) TAP Policy Document - Goals, policies, objectives and Programs & Improvements funding list
2) TAP Appendices - Supplemental maps
Transportation Action Plan Technical Document
Due to the file size of the TAP Technical document's appendices, we've divided it into three parts for easier downloading. The maps and tables may take longer to download.
1) TAP Technical Document - Information detailing the City's goals, objectives and policies, as well as existing conditions and financial analysis
2) TAP Tech Doc Appendix A - Supplemental maps and tables
3) TAP Tech Doc Appendix B - Supplemental maps and tables
The City publishes a TAP annual report in order to keep City Council and Charlotte residents informed on the progress and challenges in implementing the TAP.
1) 2012 TAP Annual Report
2) 2009 TAP Annual Report
3) 2008 TAP Annual Report
4) 2007 TAP Annual Report
A key component of the TAP are the Urban Street Design Guidelines (USDG), which describe how Charlotte's streets will be evaluated, planned for and designed.
If you have additional questions about the TAP not answered on this Web site, please contact Dan Gallagher, Transportation Planning Manager, at 704-336-4984.
drive • ride • walk • bike • live
Charlotte Department of Transportation