Following are the items that you need to record if you receive a bomb threat
- Length of Call
- Location of Bomb
- Phone Number Call Came In On
- Exacting Wording of Threat
Here are some questions that you should ask:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb it is?
- What will cause it to explose?
- Did you place the bomb? Why?
- What is your name? Address?
- Will you be able to see the explosion?
Also record as accurately as you can the following:
- Age and Sex of caller
- Origin of Call (local, long distance, etc.)
- Describe Voice
- Background sounds