Mecklenburg County conducted its 11th annual Community Survey in the spring of 2013. The County contracted with an experienced local research firm, Marketwise, which surveyed 901 Mecklenburg County residents in English and Spanish.
The survey sought residents’ opinions on various aspects of Mecklenburg County’s services such as:
• The value of County services provided for tax dollars paid
• Public information services
• Awareness of County services
• Satisfaction with citizen participation opportunities
• Awareness and satisfaction of services provided by the Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Library, County Park and Recreation Department, and other County departments
Community Survey results are used to determine how aware and satisfied Mecklenburg County residents are with County services and the value these services have on the community’s quality of life.
Highlights of the 2013 Community Survey results are below:
Each year the survey results are used to update the County’s Community and Corporate scorecard, which is how we measure results. The survey helps gauge the County’s progress toward becoming a community of pride and choice for people to live, work and recreate. The first link below is the presentation made to the Board of County Commissioners in October, 2013.
2013 BOCC Presentation
2013 Survey Results
2012 Survey Results
2011 Survey Results
2010 Survey Results