Research indicates that 46%-59% of caregivers are clinically depressed. When did you last talk about your feelings with someone?
Pay attention…to eating right, getting enough sleep, and exercising some!
Check out…the Caregiver Stress Test at www.caregiverstress.com.
Likely the best thing caregivers can do for their loved one is to take care of themselves. Caregivers tend to put their own needs on the back burner – but if
you’re not healthy you can’t provide assistance to another.
- When did you last have a medical check-up?
- When did you last engage in a fun, favorite activity?
- When did you last get together with friends or family for some fun?
- When did you last sleep all night long?
- It’s okay and important to take care of yourself!
Learning more about your job as a caregiver can give you more confidence in your role and more success.
Read our caregiving brochure.