How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Dental Services
Refugee Health
TB Control
Travel Clinic
Family Planning Clinic
STD Clinic
Womens Health
State Funded Immunizations
Medical Records

Immunizations (shots) protect our community from deadly diseases. These diseases do still exist today and can spread quickly. It is better to prevent diseases then to treat them. Your local health department offers immunizations (shots) in a safe and caring environment. We are committed to assessing and offering all shots to protect you from disease.

As of July 1, 2010 significant changes to the North Carolina Immunization Program (NCIP) have been made. Free State funded vaccines are no longer provided to insured children. Insured families may be able to take advantage of a limited amount of free vaccine during this transition period. Learn more.

The Immunization Program at Mecklenburg County Health Department can answer questions that you have about immunizations. For immunizations questions, call 704-353-1189. For appointments, call 704-336-6500.

What Shots Do You Need?

Services Provided

  • Childhood immunizations (kids must have shots for daycare and school entry)
  • Adult immunizations (i.e. Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Zostavax, pre-rabies vaccine)
  • Adolescent immunizations (i.e. HPV, Menactra, Tdap)
  • College entrance immunizations
  • Seasonal flu vaccine
  • TB skin test TB skin test
Location & Hours

                             Northwest Campus                 Southeast Campus         
  2845 Beatties Ford Road 249 Billingsley Road
Monday 8am – 5pm 8am – 5pm
Tuesday 8am – 5pm 8am – 5pm
Wednesday 10am – 7pm 8am – 5pm
Thursday 8am – 5pm 10am – 7pm
Friday 8am – 5pm 8am – 5pm

How Much Does it Cost?

Some immunizations provided by the Health Department are free. For paid vaccines see fee schedule.

What to Bring to Your Appointment
  • Important!  Bring copies of your child's immunizations (this will assist staff in knowing what vaccines your child has had if they have never been here before. How to find your immunization records.
  • Insurance, Medicaid, Medicare and/or HMO card
  • Proof of income (W-2, check stub)
  • Personal ID (driver's license, birth certificate, social security care, etc.)

Medical Records

For questions regarding Medical Records, call 704-336-4752.

Learn about childhood diseases that vaccines prevent.


Printed from: