How Do I ...
Online Services
Public Records
Consumer Resources
Food Service Operator Resources
Temporary Food Establishments
Mobile Food Service
Food Service Plans
N.C. Food Code Changes
Limited Food Establishment

Limited Food Establishments

"Limited Food Service Establishments," are typically concession stands that prepare and serve food only at an amateur athletic event. Permits for limited food service establishments can only be issued to: 

  • Political subdivisions of the State (towns, cities)
  • Establishments operated by volunteers that prepare or serve food at amateur athletic events
  • Establishments operated by organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c) (3) or section 501(c) (4) of the Internal Revenue Code

Examples would be high school concession stands or concessions at recreational sports leagues.

Effective immediately, due to a change in North Carolina state law, establishments serving food for pay in conjunction with amateur athletic events will be charged a $75.00 fee for each LFSE (Limited Food Service Establishment) permit.


Obtain a Limited Food Establishment Permit:

  • Application
Employee Health Agreement         Other Resources:

City or County Fire Department regulations may apply to tents used in conjunction with festivals, public exhibitions and special events.  Contact the City of Charlotte or Mecklenburg County Fire Departments depending on the location of your LFSE. 

Special Events Recycling Program

In order to make recycling at your event a success, start by requesting a Mecklenburg County Event Recycling Tool Kit. Contact Mecklenburg County Waste Reduction Staff at 704-432-1772 or you can download the necessary information by clicking: Event Recycling Toolkit Guidelines and Event Recycling Toolkit Application

Printed from: