Ebenezer Gujjarlapudi, LUESA Director
Bobbie Shields, Mecklenburg County General Manager, Assessor's Office (Interim)
Jim Bartl, Code Enforcement Director
Dave Canaan, Water & Land Resources Director
Bobby Cobb, Environmental Health Administrator
Bruce Gledhill, Solid Waste Director
Amy Johnson, Business Manager
Leslie Rhodes, Air Quality Director
Gail Young, Support Services Director
What is LUESA and what does it do?
Land Use & Environmental Services Agency (LUESA) is an umbrella organization providing many key services that contribute to an exceptional quality of life for Mecklenburg County residents. LUESA's responsibilities range from enforcing building and zoning codes to managing water and air resources for future generations.
Our Vision Statement: Land Use & Environmental Services works in partnership with the community to enhance the quality of life through environmental stewardship and economic vitality.
Our services include:
- Air Quality: permitting, enforcement, BREATHE, transportation issues.
- Code Enforcement: building inspections, building permits, plan review, fire marshal.
- Environmental Health: restaurant inspections, swimming pools, pest management, tattoo parlors
- Assessor's Office: list and appraise all real and personal property
- Solid Waste: landfill operations, recycling, waste reduction, litter prevention.
- Water & Land Resources: water quality, storm water services, land development.