May 16, 2008
Charlotte, NC— Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department’s five "spraygrounds" open for the summer season on Saturday, May 15, 2009. They will be open seven days a week, 10am-8pm.
Spraygrounds are FREE! So they are especially great recreation for youngsters in a tough economy! Spraygrounds offer water sprays, nozzles, streams and spouts for children (and sometimes adults) to play and frolic under. Sprayground locations ate in:
- Nevin Park, 6000 Statesville Road
- Cordelia Park, 2100 North Davidson Street
- Latta Park, 601 East Park Avenue
- Veterans Park , 2136 Central Avenue
- West Charlotte Recreation Center Park, 2400 Kendall Drive
These spraygrounds are expected to remain in operation until cool weather arrives in the fall, in late September. The exact closing date will be determined by weather.