Charlotte, N.C. — Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department offers special deals at its fitness centers during December and January. Sign-up December 1, 2009-January 31, 2010 for a new individual or family annual pass, or a Ray pass (good at all centers), and receive a 15 month membership for the cost of 12 months. That's three months for FREE!
Start working-out for a new you in the new year. Visit any fitness center at the following locations and/or call for details:
- Bette Rae Thomas Recreation Center, 2921 Tuckaseegee Road, 704 393-7333
- Mallard Creek Recreation Center, 2530 Johnston-Oehler Road, 704 548-8234
- Ray's Splash Planet, 215 N. Sycamore Street, 704 432-4RAY
- Southview Recreation Center, 1720 Vilma Street, 704 392-7452
- Tuckaseegee Recreation Center, 4820 Tuckaseegee Road, 704 399-4492
- West Charlotte Recreation Center, 2401 Kendall Drive, 704 393-1560
- Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center, 800 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., 704 336-DIVE (NOTE: Because membership at this center includes aquatics, it offers one month free on an annual membership).
These centers offer cardiovascular workouts, exercise machines, and free weight equipment at very economical rates. Rates vary depending on equipment and size of each center. Park and Recreation fitness staff can help you get started and keep you motivated. Regular exercise can improve mood, decrease stress levels and promote better sleep.
More information on centers is also available HERE, click on Fitness Centers, or call 311.