Charlotte, NC-- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department hosts a special series of programs during November and December 2009 about the culture of the Catawba Indians at Reedy Creek Nature Center, 2900 Rocky River Road.
Learn about the Catawba’s’ rich culture and heritage. Explore their music, history, folklore, pottery art though local Catawba artists Keith “Little Bear” Brown, master potter Margaret Robbins, and Monty “Hawk” Branham. Space is limited. Cost is $5 per person.
To register to register visit www.parkandrec.com
, click on Parks, and use the Course Codes listed below, or call 3-1-1.
Catawba Stories, Music and Drums
- Sunday, Nov. 15, 2pm, Course Code #5280
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, 7pm (campfire class), Course Code #5278
- Sunday, Nov. 8, 2pm, Course Code #5284
- Friday, Nov. 13, 7pm, Course Code #5282
- Sunday, Nov. 22, 7pm. Course Code #5283
- Friday, Dec. 4. 7pm, Course Code #5281
For more information call Reedy Creek Nature Center at (704) 598-8857 or contact by email: