Charlotte, NC—Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department invites the public to join learn-to-swim and water aerobics classes on Saturdays in the pool at West Charlotte High School, 2219 Senior Drive.
Register online at www.parkandrec.com
, click on Eparks, and use the Course Code Numbers listed below, or call 311, or call Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center at 704 336-DIVE (3483). Scholarships are available for financial need. For scholarships, apply at the Aquatic Center in person at 800 Martin Luther King Blvd.
The following program schedule is announced for Saturdays, November 7, 2009-January 9, 2010:
- 1pm-2pm: Water Aerobics ($2 per person, no registration required, participants pay the day of class)
- 2pm-2:30pm: Sand Dollar Swim Class (Beginners, ages 3-5) – Course Codes #5746, #5747, #5748
- 2:45-3:30pm: Otter Swim Class (Beginners, ages 6-12) - Course Codes #5749, #5750, #5751
- 3:45-4:30pm: Teen/Adult Beginner Swim Class – Course Codes #5752, #5753, #5754
- No classes Nov. 28, Dec. 26, Jan. 2. These are holidays,.
These swimming programs are the result of a partnership between Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
For more information on learn-to-swim programs, contact Jeff Carwile at 704 336.7852 or Jeff.Carwile@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov.