Did you know that you can adopt a park or greenway? Take ownership of one of our many wonderful green spaces and adopt your favorite park.
A HUGE thanks to our current partners:
- Elizabeth Neighborhood Association and Hawthornes Pizza - Independence Park
- Perkins + Will - Thompsons Park
- Providence High School ROTC-William R. Davie Park
- IKEA Corp - Mallard Creek Greenway
- McLeod Center and Ritz Carlton - Frazier Park
- Spectrum Properties - Latta Park
- Carolinas Health Care Information Services Department-Pearl and Baxter Street Park
- Carolinas Health Care Corporate Community Relations-Liz Hair and Little Sugar Creek Greenway Metro
- Touchstone Neighborhood Assocation - 4 Mile Greenway
- UNC-Charlotte Cyclists - Toby Creek Greenway
- Hands on Charlotte and Bank of America - Freedom Park
- Trinity Episcopal School and Freedom School Partners - Alexander Street Park
With less staff due to budget cuts our parks still need the same amount of care to keep them clean and safe. Adoptees come out twice a week for unsupervised trash pickups and a once every other month for a supervised project. Adoptees are recognized with a plaque in the park and have the ability to work closely with park and recreation staff to maintain and beautify the park/greenway. Email Lori Saylor
for more information.