County Land Development Services
Mecklenburg County Land Development staff provides:
• land development plan review and permitting
• residential building permits
• site inspection services for water quality, erosion, storm water and buffers
• zoning permits and inspections
for the Towns of Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville.
County Land Development plan reviews and site inspections apply to:
• land inside the Town limits
• unincorporated land that is under the six Towns' zoning authority (known as Extra Territorial Jurisdiction or ETJ. Also called Sphere of Influence.)
Plan reviews and site inspections are required for both commercial and residential projects.
Plans should be submitted through the Electronic Plan Management (EPM) system. EPM is a web-based application that automates electronic plan submission, intake, routing, review and management of plans.
EPM Frequently Asked Questions & Glossary
EPM User's Guide
Land Development office location
The County Land Development office is at the Hal Marshall Center in uptown Charlotte. The address is below.
In 2012, the LUESA North office in Huntersville closed. The County also ended Land Development and Code Enforcement services at the LUESA South office in Matthews.