The holiday travel season gets underway this weekend at CLT. Large crowds are expected at Charlotte Douglas International Airport throughout the week. Although Monday, November 19 and Tuesday, November 20 will be extremely busy, Wednesday, November 21, is expected to be the busiest travel day of the week.
Security checkpoints will open at 4:15 a.m. and additional Airport staff will be on hand to assist customers with parking and directions.
While construction continues at CLT, there are more than 25,000 parking spaces on site and available. To access a real-time parking map, travelers should visit parking.charlotteairport.com
. Additionally, parking conditions are available by phone at 704-359-5555 and through the Airport’s parking and newsroom pages
Passengers should be prepared and plan ahead before heading to the Airport.
Holiday Travel Tips:
- For up-to-date parking conditions and prices, call 704-359-5555 or visit parking.charlotteairport.com.
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off along the Terminal’s curbside, however, vehicles cannot be left unattended. Curbside parking is not allowed and unattended vehicles may be towed; this includes all lanes on the ticketing and baggage claim levels.
- Visitors picking up family or friends are encouraged to utilize the free Cell Phone Lot. The lot is located on Rental Car Road. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home.
- Security Checkpoint lines may be adjusted to accommodate anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage and personnel directing you to the proper queue lines.
- Check with your airline for updated flight information as well as baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
- Obtain specific information about Charlotte Douglas International Airport by visiting cltairport.com or by calling the Airport’s automated phone information at 704-359-4910.
for a complete list of holiday travel, security and parking tips.
Follow CLT’s Twitter feed
(@CLTAirport) for the most up-to-date media and newsroom information, including a complete list of holiday parking and travel tips.