Charlotte Douglas is expecting large crowds this week due to spring break travelers. Approximately 25,000 passengers will originate from CLT on Thursday, April 10 and Friday, April 11 and 22,000 on Saturday, April 12. The numbers will rise again on Sunday, April 13 as 24,000 passengers fly out of CLT.
The Airport is preparing for this influx of travelers by placing additional staff in the ticket lobby and stationing traffic control officers along the entrance road to the terminal. Passengers are encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to the Airport. Parking will be in high demand Thursday – Sunday.
To help ensure a smooth travel experience, CLT has the following tools to assist:
- Visit parking.charlotteairport.com and view CLT’s real-time parking map.
- Call 704-359-5555 to hear the latest parking conditions.
- Pay attention to and follow CLT’s dynamic roadway signs strategically located around Charlotte Douglas for information regarding which lots are open or closed.
Travelers should also consider other travel options for arriving at that Airport, including:
- Catching a ride to the terminal
- Taking a taxi
- Riding the CATS Sprinter bus (Route 5 – Airport)
- View TSA’s travel tips.
- For up-to-date parking conditions and prices, call 704-359-5555 or visit parking.charlotteairport.com.
- Visitors picking up family or friends are encouraged to utilize one of two free Cell Phone Lots. The lots are located off Rental Car Road. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off along the terminal’s curbside, however, vehicles cannot be left unattended. Curbside parking is not allowed and unattended vehicles may be towed. This includes all lanes on the ticketing and baggage claim levels.
- Check with your airline for updated flight information, as well as baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
Departing Passenger Tips:
- Passengers are advised to arrive early for their flights. When traveling with young children, infants, elderly or disabled passengers, allow for even more time.
- TSA security checkpoints will open at 4 a.m.
- Checkpoint queue lines may be adjusted to accommodate the anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage directing you to the proper queue lines.
Please note: Checkpoint C is designated for first class, preferred and elite airline customers.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home.
- Obtain specific information about Charlotte Douglas International Airport by visiting cltairport.com or calling the Airport’s automated phone information line at 704-359-4910.
- Contact your airline for updated flight information.