Another holiday travel week is underway at CLT. Airport passengers are encouraged to be prepared and plan ahead for the large crowds that are expected in the upcoming days. To assist with holiday traffic, Airport officials will have additional airline and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) personnel on hand.
Security checkpoint lines will be the heaviest Thursday, December 20 – Sunday, December 23 as passengers depart for their holiday destinations and Wednesday, January 2 – Friday, January 4 when visiting flyers return home. Passengers are advised to arrive early for their flights; when traveling with young children, infants, elderly or disabled passengers, allow for even more time.
Security checkpoints will open at 4:15 a.m. Travelers may enter any of the Airport’s five security checkpoints to access their gate.
While construction of the new Hourly parking deck continues, plenty of parking remains at Charlotte Douglas. To access a real-time parking map, travelers should visit parking.charlotteairport.com
. Additionally, parking conditions are available by phone at 704-359-5555 and through the Airport’s parking and newsroom pages
Passengers are reminded that while space is available in the Daily East and West decks, transportation to and from the terminal is provided by shuttle bus. Due to active construction, walking to and from the terminal and Daily parking decks is no longer possible.
Holiday Travel Tips:
- For up-to-date parking conditions and prices, call 704-359-5555 or visit parking.charlotteairport.com.
- Visitors picking up family or friends are encouraged to utilize the free Cell Phone Lot. The lot is located on Rental Car Road. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
- Passengers can be picked up and dropped off along the Terminal’s curbside, however, vehicles cannot be left unattended. Curbside parking is not allowed and unattended vehicles may be towed; this includes all lanes on the ticketing and baggage claim levels.
- Check with your airline for updated flight information as well as baggage size and weight rules. Additional fees could be applicable.
Departing passenger tips:
- Checkpoint queue lines may be adjusted to accommodate the anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage and personnel directing you to the appropriate security checkpoints.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home.
- Obtain specific information about Charlotte Douglas International Douglas International Airport by visiting cltairport.com or by the Airport’s automated phone information at 704-359-4910.
for a complete list of holiday travel, security and parking tips.
Follow CLT’s Twitter feed
(@CLTAirport) for the most up-to-date media and newsroom information, including a complete list of holiday parking and travel tips.