Expect parking lots and decks at Charlotte Douglas to be congested throughout the summer travel season. Airlines report an increase in passengers, and parking will be in high demand. Those parking at CLT need to be prepared and plan ahead.
CLT has added new tools to assist passengers in planning for parking. On roadways leading to the Airport, four new dynamic parking signs have been installed along Wilkinson Boulevard, Little Rock Road, Harlee Avenue and Josh Birmingham Parkway to alert drivers which lots are open or closed. Smart phone users can access CLT’s mobile site
to take advantage of up-to-date parking information. Visit the Airport's parking status page
for real-time parking information or call 704-359-5555.
Additional parking staff will be on site to assist customers and keep traffic continuously flowing.
For guaranteed parking, CLT suggests using Business Valet deck. The deck is located at the corner of Wilkinson Boulevard and Harlee Avenue. At $10 a day, it is a 5-minute shuttle ride to and from the terminal.
Other parking options include:
- Long Term – $5 daily
- Daily – $7 daily
- Business Valet – $10 daily
- Curbside Valet – $19 daily
- Free Cell Phone Lot
- When picking up passengers, use the Airport's free Cell Phone Lot off Rental Car Road. Avoid looping around the airport until family or friends arrive. Other free temporary parking can be found at CLT’s Overlook (located on Airport Overlook Drive off Old Dowd Road). Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Pay attention to the dynamic parking signs.
- Use CLT’s real time parking map http://parking.charlotteairport.com. It is available on all mobile devices and smart phones and by clicking into various parking options, users can receive directions directly to that deck or lot.
- Visit the Airport’s mobile site: m.charlotteairport.com
- Remember where you’ve parked by keeping your parking ticket and writing down the bus shelter closest to your vehicle. If you are parking in a deck, write down the level and row nearest your vehicle. Also, snap a picture with your cell phone of the parking lot’s name.
- Airport Parking Customer Service Representatives can help answer questions. You can find them outside, on the Arrivals/Baggage area at a yellow stand. Additionally, you can call 704-359-4038 for assistance.
- Save time exiting lots by using SmartPark Express to prepay parking tickets. SmartPark allows passengers to use credit card or prepaid only lanes to exit parking lots.
- When parking, keep your parking ticket with you.
- Upon returning to CLT, prepay parking tickets at a yellow Pay&Go machine. Two Pay&Go stations are housed outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane at the Baggage Claim level and four are located at the Daily Decks’ shuttle bus stop.
- Click here for more details about SmartPark Express.
- CLT parking facilities are open 24-hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
- Shuttle buses run every 12 – 15 minutes in Long Term Lots and every 8 – 10 minutes in the Daily and Daily North Lots.