Fitch Ratings affirmed CLT’s airport revenues A+/stable rating and consolidated facility charge revenues A/stable rating on Wednesday, October 30. Charlotte Douglas continues to have a strong financial structure and management style, which embraces the highest possible product for the lowest possible cost.
Fitch‘s rating criteria for airports identifies five key rating drivers implicit in all airport ratings:
- Resiliency of the passenger volume
- Strength and competitiveness of the airport‘s contractual framework with its airline partners and other commercial operators (price)
- Airport‘s approach to infrastructure renewal and development
- Financial risk associated with the airport‘s debt structure
- Level of financial metrics, leverage and flexibility (debt service and counterparty risk)
to visit the Fitch Ratings web site
to read the full report, Peer Review of U.S. Airports.
Additional inquiries should be directed to Fitch Media Relations. (Contact information is available here