Charlotte Douglas is expecting a busy summer travel season. Parking will be at a premium due to high demand, increased flights by airlines and Airport construction that has temporarily eliminated some parking spaces.
Passengers are encouraged to check parking conditions before they leave for the Airport by viewing CLT’s real-time parking map at http://parking.charlotteairport.com
or calling 704-359-5555.
New this year to summer travelers is SmartPark Express, the Airport’s new parking revenue system. It allows travelers to save time exiting the Airport’s parking lots by using credit card only or prepaid lanes. Credit card only lanes are available in all lots. To learn more about how SmartPark Express works
, watch this video
Travelers also have an option to prepay their parking tickets before returning to their vehicle by taking advantage of the Airport’s Pay&Go stations. Four Pay&Go stations are located at the Daily deck’s shuttle bus stop and two more are located on the curbside in front of the Arrivals/Baggage area. To use, travelers place their parking ticket in a Pay&Go station and pay by credit card. A validated ticket will be returned. Drivers may then proceed to any lane in the designated lots and insert their validated ticket in the machine to exit.
Important parking tips:
- Get dropped off at the Airport, carpool, ride CATS’ Airport Sprinter or use one of the many taxi and ground transportation companies serving the Airport.
- Use the Airport’s FREE Cell Phone lot, located on Rental Car Road. Simply tell your party to call you on your cell when they arrive and head to the curbside once you get the call.
- Be sure to take a lot locator card from the SmartPark maps inside the parking lot bus shelters. This will help you locate your car upon return.
- Please remember that only immediate loading and unloading are permitted on the curbside. It is prohibited to leave vehicles unattended on Departures/Ticketing or Arrivals/Baggage Claim levels. If your vehicle is left unattended, it will be ticketed and towed.
- Take advantage of free parking in the Hourly decks if you are picking up loved ones and want to greet them in the terminal. The first 30 minutes in the Hourly decks are free.
Visit cltairport.com for current parking rates or call CDIAL, the Airport’s automated phone information at 704-359-4910. To get up-to-date flight information, call 704-359-DATA (3282).