Thousands of travelers are flying in and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport this week, traditionally the busiest week of the year. CLT is closely monitoring weather reports and is prepared for any inclement weather that may occur. Passengers, as a reminder should check with their airlines for any weather related questions.
Parking will be in high demand Monday, November 25 – Monday, December 2. Airport officials have temporarily suspended Curbside Valet drop-off Tuesday, November 26 – Wednesday, November 27 and Sunday, December 1 – Monday, December 2 due to an increase in traffic flow on the upper level. Passengers are encouraged to use Business Valet, located on Wilkinson Boulevard.
If traveling during the holidays, please be prepared, plan ahead and use the following tools:
- Visit parking.charlotteairport.com and view CLT’s real-time parking map.
- Call 704-359-5555 to hear the latest parking conditions.
- Pay attention to and follow CLT’s dynamic roadway signs strategically located around Airport property listing lots that are open and closed.
Travelers should also consider other modes of transportation to arrive at the Airport, including:
- Catching a ride to the terminal
- Taking a taxi - any taxi service provider can drop off passengers at the terminal
- Riding the CATS Sprinter bus (Route 5-Airport)
To accommodate holiday travel demands, CLT has:
- Reopened previous roadway closures on Airport Loop Road to Rental Car Road.
- Stationed traffic control officers in front of the terminal and other roadway locations, as needed.
- Added more CLT shuttle buses in rotation and increased the number of drivers that will be on hand.
- Opened a second cell phone lot with 120 spaces to assist drivers picking up returning passengers (the lot opened earlier this year).
- Additional Aviation Department, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and airline staff will be on hand in the lobby to assist customers.
Holiday travel tips include:
- Use one of two free Cell Phone Lots when picking up family or friends. The lots are located off Rental Car Road. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to either level of the terminal to pick them up.
- Arrive early for flights. When traveling with young children, infants, elderly or disabled passengers, allow for even more time.
- Review TSA's rules and regulations.
- TSA security checkpoints will open at 4 a.m.
- Checkpoint queue lines may be adjusted to accommodate the anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage directing you to the proper queue lines.
Please note: Checkpoint C is designated for first class, preferred and elite airline customers.
Click here for a complete list of holiday travel tips.