All requests for public information, media interviews, filming projects and commercial photography should be directed to the Public Affairs office at CLT. When breaking news occurs, this site will be updated with the latest news and information as available.
Contact the media hotline 704-359-4933 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
for all news items. This is the primary contact method for inquiries and interview requests. A member of the public affairs team will assist you.
We will make every effort to work within media deadlines. Some requests require detailed information and make take additional time to conduct the necessary research. Please include the correct contact information, including email address and the media outlet’s deadline information.
|Public Affairs Staff:
||Lee Davis, Public Affairs Manager
||Erika Helm, Public Information Specialist
||Carrie Lynch, Public Information Specialist
The official spokesperson for Charlotte Douglas International Airport is the Aviation Director, unless otherwise directed by the Aviation Director. Interviews with Aviation Department staff must be arranged through the Public Affairs Manager’s office (utilize the media hotline and/or e-mail address). Arrangement for interviews must be made in advance through the Public Affairs Manager's Office. Please provide a 24-hour notice for non-emergency requests.
When covering events at CLT that concern airlines, news media should direct questions to the public relations representative for that respective business. When asking about the impact of an event on Airport operations, Airport Public Affairs is the first point of contact (utilize the media hotline and/or e-mail address).
News releases are issued by Public Affairs to describe changes in services, Airport construction, notices to travelers during severe weather, busy seasons and as needed. A listing of the wire services, local newspaper, television and radio outlets are used for distribution and releases are generally sent by electronic media alert and are posted on cltairport.com and CLT’s social media platforms as well.
Please advise Public Affairs if you would like to be placed on the contact list, or if your contact information changes.
News media is allowed access to public areas of the terminal. The public areas are the Departures/Ticketing lobby (upper level) and the Arrivals/Baggage lobby (lower level). For security purposes, access beyond screening checkpoints is prohibited without prior approval from the Office of Public Affairs.
News and media representatives on assignment at CLT may park official news vehicles on the lower level on the commercial lane. The location is to the immediate right after entrance to the commercial lane.
- All vehicles must have exterior markings that identify the media outlet – a card on the interior dashboard is not satisfactory.
- Parking rules are enforced. If a vehicle is parked in the wrong space or does not have exterior vehicle identification, it will be ticketed.
- Media advisory updates will include parking changes as needed.
- While filming and conducting interviews at CLT, all media representatives are required to display media identification or news credentials.
- When staging crews, do not block passenger or vehicular traffic, additionally, cameras cannot be staged in airline operational areas.
- Filming is permitted in the terminal lobbies.
- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for operating all of CLT's security screening checkpoints. Filming at screening checkpoints is limited to the public areas prior to the checkpoints. TSA policy states that security monitors cannot be filmed.
- Media access to areas leased by airport tenants, including airlines and store owners, is at the discretion of the tenant.
||Minor Difficulty – Indicates a potential emergency that may require dispatch of emergency equipment at a later time.
||Major Difficulty – Indicates that a potential emergency exists requiring immediate dispatch of emergency equipment on stand-by positions on the airfield.
||Accident – Indicates that an accident is imminent or has occurred, requiring immediate dispatch of emergency equipment to the scene.
- Before covering any events at CLT, please contact the Public Affairs office.
- Use the media hotline 704-359-4933 and/or email@example.com for news inquiries. Include contact and deadline information.
- Media must park in the designated Media parking location in front of the Terminal on the lower level, commercial lane, immediately to the right.
- Interviews regarding Aviation Department and Airport information must be made in advance through Public Affairs. To place requests, call: 704-359-4933 and/or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media is allowed access to the public areas of the terminal. Terminal public areas are defined as the Departures/Ticketing lobby (upper level) and the Arrivals/Baggage lobby (lower level).