- Approximately 30,000 visitors have started making their way to Charlotte this weekend, many arriving at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
- Alternate traffic routes are in place. Approximately 25 electronic roadway message signs have been strategically located along the roadways entering and exiting the Airport to help drivers navigate the changes and improve traffic flow.
- Parking is available. Please visit http://parking.charlotteairport.com and view the real time parking map for the latest updates.
- The Cell Phone Lot has been relocated and is now open at its temporary location at 5535 Wilkinson Boulevard, across from Business Valet. The Lot will be accessible from Harlee Avenue through Monday, September 3.
- The Airport Overlook is closed through Monday, September 3.
- No delays in arrivals and departures have been reported by airlines. For the latest information, visit Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Air Traffic Control System map
- There continues to be an increase in security presence at CLT.
- Between 350 – 400 taxis are on site. CLT normally averages 150 taxis daily.
- Handicap accessible vehicles are available at the Airport, including taxis and shuttle buses.
- Delegate welcoming tables are in place in the Arrivals/Baggage area (lower level).
- The first delegate bus arrived at 9:20 a.m. to pick up passengers and deliver them to their hotels.
- Volunteers from the Aviation Department, airlines and official Democratic National Convention greeters are inside the terminal to assist delegates upon their arrival.
Media parking will be temporarily located to the Cell Phone Lot off Rental Car Road through Monday, September 3. Unless you are working on a story, please don't park at the temporary Cell Phone Lot (which is located at 5535 Wilkinson Boulevard).