Charlotte Douglas is expecting large crowds on Friday, September 7. The terminal lobby will be at capacity throughout the day and travelers should prepare accordingly. Security checkpoints will open at 3:30 a.m. – an hour earlier than normal.
- US Airways is advising customers to arrive at the Airport three hours before their scheduled domestic flight and four hours before their international flight.
- Additional Airport, airline and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) staff will be in the lobby to assist passengers to make sure they are in the correct lines and to ensure flights are not missed.
Beginning early in the morning of Friday, September 7, CLT will implement alternate traffic routes. The temporary changes will be designated with electronic directional roadway signs that have been strategically located along Airport property and roadways leading into and out of Charlotte Douglas to assist motorists and improve traffic flow. Traffic route details and parking updates will be broadcast on Airport Radio 1610 AM as well.On Friday, September 7, traffic will be segmented as follows:
Summary of travel tips:
- Personal vehicles will be directed to the lower level.
- Personal vehicles are encouraged to use Hourly parking for drop-off and pick-up. To assist drivers with the process, Hourly deck parking will be free while alternate traffic routes are in place.
- Larger commercial vehicles will be directed to the upper level.
- Curbside Valet will be closed for drop-off. Customers are encouraged to use Business Valet, located at 5601 Wilkinson Boulevard.
- When using the Cell Phone Lot, please make sure the passenger has collected their baggage and is waiting outside before proceeding to the terminal.
- US Airways is advising customers to arrive at the Airport three hours before their scheduled domestic flights and four hours before their international flights.
Here is a link to their press release.
- Passengers are advised that the terminal lobby will be at capacity throughout the day.
- Additional Airport, airline and TSA staff will be in the lobby to assist passengers to make sure they are in the correct lines and to ensure flights are not missed.
- Alternate traffic routes will be in place – don’t expect to drive the normal routes to and from the Airport.
- Read the temporary electronic directional roadway signs when they are activated. Trust what they say and follow them.
- Tune into Airport Radio 1610 AM for the latest Airport traffic information.
- Be patient, plan ahead.
- Travelers are highly encouraged to print their boarding passes before leaving their homes or hotels.
- Hourly parking will be free during alternate traffic route periods. Personal vehicles are encouraged to use Hourly parking for drop-off and pick-up.
Normal traffic routes will return Saturday, September 8.
Visit CLT’s Facebook page
and Twitter feed
(@CLTAirport) for the latest updates in parking, traffic routes and passenger traffic.