Charlotte Douglas has opened a second Cell Phone Lot to assist drivers with parking who are awaiting arriving passengers. The 120-space temporary lot is located off Rental Car Road, just beyond the current Cell Phone Lot to the right and adjacent to the Budget Rent-A-Car Return Center. It provides easy access to the terminal and will be available to passengers until further notice.
The lot is intended to ease congestion on the Airport’s access roadway and in the primary Cell Phone Lot.
The Airport’s original Cell Phone Lot remains open on Rental Car Road. It contains 56 spaces. Parking is provided on a first come, first served basis as space is available.
Signs are in place directing drivers to the temporary Cell Phone Lot and parking staff will be available to assist as well.
To access Cell Phone Lot 2 from...
...the current Cell Phone Lot, turn left onto Rental Car Road, then right at the stop sign and make the first left. Cell Phone Lot 2 is immediately on the right.
...Rental Car Road, simply drive beyond the Cell Phone Lot, turn right at the stop sign and make the first left. Cell Phone Lot 2 is immediately on the right.
or on the image below for a larger map.
Cell Phone Lot Tips:
- Avoid looping around the Airport until family or friends arrive.
- Park in one of two Cell Phone Lots off Rental Car Road when picking up an arriving passenger.
- Wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage.
- When you receive the call, proceed to the Arrivals/Baggage Claim area (lower level) to pick them up.
- Visit parking.charlotteairport.com for current parking conditions.
- Follow @CLTAirport on Twitter for the latest Airport news.