- How may I pay for parking?
Cash, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express) and traveler’s checks are accepted.
Credit card only lanes are currently available in all parking facilities.
To take advantage of prepaid lanes, use one of the yellow Pay&Go stations to pay tickets before going to your vehicle. Two Pay&Go stations are housed outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane at the Baggage Claim level and four more are located at the Daily Decks’ shuttle bus stop.
Passengers cannot prepay for parking.
- How long may I leave my car in CLT’s parking lots? May I leave my car in the Daily Lot for longer than a day?
Vehicles can be left in any CLT lot for up to 30 days without notifying parking staff. If you must leave a vehicle in a parking lot for more than 30 days, please contact parking at 704-359-4038.
- Is there any way of knowing which lots will be open when I arrive at the Airport?
Call 704-359-5555 for the latest parking information. You can also visit parking.charlotteairport.com to review current parking conditions, rates and directions to specific parking lots.
Note: lots are closed when there are not enough available spaces to properly service vehicles, please proceed to open lots.
- What should I do if I’ve misplaced my parking ticket?
Please drive to the toll plaza where a cashier will assist you.
- May I make reservations for parking?
At this time, parking reservations are not offered. However, even during the busiest of days, parking will be provided for all passengers.
- Where is handicapped parking located?
Handicap parking is available in all CLT lots.
- When do I pay for parking?
Although passengers can pay while exiting lots, travelers are encouraged to prepay for parking by using yellow Pay&Go stations to pay tickets before entering vehicles. Two are housed outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane at the Baggage Claim level and four more Pay&Go stations are located at the Daily Decks’ shuttle bus stop.
Prepaying tickets will reduce time exiting parking lots.
- Are there any additional fees for parking?
- Why are some lots closed when there appears to be availabilities?
Lots are closed when there are not enough available spaces to properly service vehicles.
- How safe are CLT parking lots?
All CLT parking lots are well-lit and patrolled regularly by Airport Police.
- Where may I park when picking up a relative or friend?
Due to active construction of the New Hourly Parking Deck and Rental Car Facility, there will be no Hourly Parking available until November 2014.
When picking up friends or family, you'll have to do so at the terminal's curbside, or by parking in the Daily East and West Decks, Daily North or Long Term Lots and taking a shuttle to the terminal. Another option is to park in the Cell Phone Waiting Lot. Just wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you when they claim their luggage, then drive to the Baggage Claim area to pick them up.
Please view the map at parking.charlotteairport.com to locate all parking options, availability, pricing and directions to specific lots, including the Cell Phone Lot.
- Is there a number to call to reach parking staff?
Yes, you may call 704-359-4038.
- What time do the lots open and close?
CLT lots are open 24-hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.
- If I have a camper, trailer or any other large vehicle, where may I park?
Please call 704-359-4038 to make parking arrangements.
- What type of parking assistance is available to passengers?
Parking staff will assist passengers with pumping air in tires, jump starting batteries and locating lost cars.
- What type of covered parking is provided?
Covered parking is available in Daily East and West parking decks as well as through Curbside and Business Valet.
- What’s the best way to remember where I parked?
Write down the lot and shelter letter or row number on the back of the ticket you receive when you enter the lot and place it in your wallet, purse or bag, but away from credit cards or other magnetic strips.
Parking shelters in the Long Term lots have location cards that you can take with you as well.
Also, write down your license plate number, which can help parking staff locate your vehicle if you should happen to forget where you parked.
- Help, I’ve returned to CLT, but can’t remember where I parked. What should I do?
Call 704-359-4038 for assistance.
- How do I appeal a parking citation?
Click here for more information about citations.
- How do I pay for a parking citation?
Click here for more information about how to pay parking tickets.
- Who do I contact to locate an item left behind on a shuttle bus or in a parking lot?
Click here for more information about CLT’s lost and found.
- What lots are within walking distance to the terminal?
Due to active construction, the terminal is no longer accessible by foot. When the New Hourly Parking Deck and Rental Car Facility opens in November 2014, access to the terminal by foot will be restored.
- During holidays, will I be guaranteed a parking spot?
Yes, parking will be provided for all passengers. Please follow signs and the directions of parking staff. You can always visit parking.charlotteairport.com to see current parking conditions or call 704-359-5555.
Frequently Asked Shuttle Bus Questions
- What times do shuttles buses start running?
Shuttle buses operate 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. To ensure a shuttle bus will be available to transport you to your vehicle after 11 p.m., please call 704-359-4038.
- How often do shuttle buses run?
In Long Term Lots, shuttle buses run every 12 – 15 minutes. In the Daily East and West Decks and Daily North Lots, shuttles run every 8 – 10 minutes.
- I’m returning late at night to CLT, may I ask the shuttle bus driver to drive me to my car?
Many shuttle buses cannot maneuver between lanes to drive passengers directly to their vehicles. We, therefore, ask that passengers inform the driver when boarding the shuttle bus if they would like assistance to their car. The driver can then request this service from parking staff and have someone meet you in your lot.
- What is the cost for shuttles buses?
Shuttle bus transportation is a free service.
- Where do I catch a shuttle bus when arriving to CLT?
When parking at CLT, passengers may catch a shuttle at one of several parking shelters located within lots. Complimentary shuttle service is also available at the shelter between the Daily East and West Decks.
- Where do I board shuttle buses when exiting CLT?
When leaving the terminal, shuttle busses can be found outside Baggage Claim beyond the courtesy vehicle lane between Zones A and B as well as Zones C and D.
- What should I do if I have several passengers and lots of luggage?
If you have several people in your party, we recommend that first you drop off your luggage and passengers in the ticket lobby, which is located in the departures area and then park your vehicle.