Paying for parking at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is now easier and faster thanks to the new parking revenue system SmartPark Express. The new system allows passengers to save time by using credit card or prepaid only lanes to exit parking lots.
Prepaid only lanes allow drivers who have already paid their parking tickets at one of six yellow Pay&Go machines. Credit card only lanes are available in all parking facilities. Simply place a ticket in the machine and pay the amount owed by credit card.
- Be prepared. Allow more time to park, especially on peak travel days. Sundays and days preceding and following holidays are exceptionally busy.
- Remember where you’ve parked by keeping your parking ticket and writing down the bus shelter closest to your vehicle. If you are parking in a deck, write down the level and row nearest your vehicle.
- CLT parking facilities are open 24/7. They are well-lit and patrolled regularly.
- Lots are closed when there are not enough available spaces to properly service vehicles. Please proceed to an open lot.
- Prepay parking tickets using a credit card at a yellow Pay&Go machine upon your return. Two Pay&Go stations are housed outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane at the Baggage Claim level and four are located at the Daily Decks’ shuttle bus stop.
- Passengers pay for parking when they exit. Cash, credit cards and traveler’s checks are accepted.
- Airport Parking Customer Service Representatives can assist with locating available parking spaces, as well as the correct shuttle bus. They are available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Convenient handicap parking is available in all parking facilities. If you need assistance, please call 704-359-4038.
- All parking facilities are accessible with accessible shuttles running continuously.
When exiting parking lots or decks, take advantage of the prepaid lanes by remembering to:
Take the parking ticket received from entering the lot with you. Do not leave it in your vehicle.
Pay the ticket using a credit card at a Pay&Go machine upon your return. Two are located outside the terminal in the shuttle bus lane and four others are located in the Daily parking deck shuttle bus shelter. A validated ticket will be returned.
Go through a any exit lane and insert the validated ticket into the machine.