The Police Records Division, located at Police Headquarters, 601 E. Trade Street, handles public requests for reports. Crime Reports are available at no charge either
online (starting September 25, 2007) or in person. Crash Reports are free of charge if you visit one of the two Records counters and cost $2 if you would like to access it through the
The majority of requests are traffic accident (Crash) reports, or incident (Crime) reports. Crime Reports include all reports taken by the police department, in person or by telephone, other than a traffic accident.
Incident reports are available:
By faxing a request to 704-336-6599 (have the case number or the date, time, and location of the incident)
- At the Records Division located in the lobby of Police Headquarters, 601 E. Trade Street. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- At the West Service Center located at 4150 Wilkinson Blvd. Hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Local Arrest History Reports
- Reports must be requested in person at
601 E. Trade Street
4150 Wilkinson Blvd.
- Only those persons who have NEVER been arrested in
may obtain an arrest history report from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
- These reports are $5.00 and may be obtained by any citizen on themselves or others.
- If the person for whom you request an Arrest History report has been arrested in
you will be referred to the Clerk of Courts at
832 E. Fourth Street
(New Mecklenburg County Court House). The fee at Clerk of Court is $10.00.
- Non-profit organizations should contact the Records Manager at 704-336-2848.
Calls for Service
- These are requests for information about police response to a particular address or for an area surrounding an address, for a specific period of time.
- The Records Division provides Calls for Service reports for one address for the preceding (3) three-month period.
- All other requests for multiple addresses or for areas surrounding an address should be directed to the Research, Planning, & Analysis Unit. Please email
PIOCommunications@cmpd.org or call 704-336-4043 to make your request.
James G. Weaving, Manager