FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Contact: Rob Tufano, CMPD Public Affairs Office
Davis J. Mobley D. Mobley
Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Armed Robbery Unit have charged Etavious Davis, DOB: 08/31/1990, Japaul Mobley, DOB: 02/28/1992, and Deshawn Mobley, DOB: 05/02/1991, for their involvement in a series of armed robbery cases. These incidents include:
· On Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at approximately 9:56 p.m., Hickory Grove Division patrol officers responded to the 5400 block of Albemarle Road in reference to an armed robbery call for service. The victims reported that a suspect demanded money at gunpoint and took a phone and money from the victims. The suspect then fled the scene. (20140402-2156-00)
· On Monday, April 14, 2014, at approximately 10:32 p.m., Hickory Grove Division patrol officers responded to the 8700 block of Parkland Circle in reference to an armed robbery call for service. The victim advised that she had just taken a deposit out of an ATM and returned home when she was approached by two suspects, one of which was armed with a handgun. The suspects took the victim’s purse and fled in a vehicle. (2014-0414-2232-01)
· On Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at approximately 9:35 p.m., Independence Division patrol officers responded to the 5800 block of Cedars East Court in reference to an armed robbery from person call for service. The victim told responding officers that two suspects approached her in the parking lot and pointed a gun at her. The suspects demanded her purse and cell phone. After taking the items the suspects fled the scene in an unknown direction. (2014-0422-2135-01)
· A short time later, Hickory Grove Division patrol officers responded to the 5900 block of Farm Pond Lane in reference to an armed robbery from person call for service. The victims advised arriving officers that they were walking to their apartment when two armed suspects approached them. The suspects took the victims cell phone and wallet and fled the scene on foot. Robbery detectives were notified and responded to the scene to begin their investigation. (2014-0422-2147-03)
· On Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at approximately 10:27 a.m., Independence Division patrol officers responded to 7300 Elwood Drive in reference to an armed robbery from person call for service. The victim advised he was approached by an armed suspect who demanded his wallet. After the victim gave the suspect his wallet, the suspect fled the area on foot. (2014-0423-1027-03)
· Later that evening, at approximately 11:46 p.m., Hickory Grove Division patrol officers responded to 7300 Mockernut Drive in reference to an armed robbery. The victim stated that an unknown suspect approached her, brandished a handgun and demanded money. The suspect took the victim's purse and fled the scene with an additional suspect in a vehicle. (2014-0423-2346-01)
On Saturday, April 26, 2014, Hickory Grove Division Officer Heifner, who was off duty, noticed a suspicious vehicle and notified the TRAP Unit who was conducting a police related operation in the Hickory Grove Division. The TRAP Unit had also noticed the suspicious vehicle and conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle. The occupants were identified as Estavious Davis and Deshawn Mobley. During a search of the vehicle, TRAP Unit Detectives, along with Armed Robbery Detectives, developed information that these subjects were responsible for the robbery on Cedars East Court. Mr. Davis and Mr. Mobley were both arrested and transported to police headquarters where they were interviewed by robbery detectives.
Upon completion of the interviews Mr. Davis was charged with Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon and Resist, Obstruct and Delay. Mr. Mobley was charged with Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon and Carrying a Concealed Weapon. They were both transferred to the custody of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office.
Through evidence and investigations, Armed Robbery Detectives were also able to identify Japaul Mobley as being involved in the armed robberies. On Monday, April 28, 2014, detectives arrested Japaul Mobley without incident at the 9500 block of Stoney Glen Drive. Japaul Mobley was transported to police headquarters where he was interviewed by Armed Robbery Detectives and charged with two counts of Conspiracy to Commit Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon, two counts of Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon and Financial Card Theft.
Japaul Mobley was charged in incidents:
Etavious Davis was charged in incidents:
Deshawn Mobley was charged in incidents:
This is an ongoing investigation and additional charges may be forthcoming. Anyone with additional information concerning these cases is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600. To learn more about the Crime Stoppers mobile app, please visit http://charlottecrimestoppers.com/.