Citizens owning dogs determined to be dangerous will be subject to a variety of protective measures to ensure the safety of people and other animals. They include the following:
- Privacy fencing or secure fencing (with a top)
- Purchase of liability insurance
- Warning signs on the owner's property
- Muzzling the dog when off its property
- Tattooing the dog to identify it as dangerous
All decisions relative to dangerous dogs will be subject to a due process review.
If you have any questions about a possible dangerous dog situation, please call 311.