Ledger Morrissette Jr. is Community Relations Manager with primary responsibility for managing the Fair Housing Assistance Program and Public Accommodations issues/complaints. He has almost 16 years of service with the City, all of it with Community Relations. Prior to his service with the City, Morrissette was employed with a chemical company in Kinston, NC,;Wilmington, DE; and Charlotte, NC. He holds a bachelor of science in chemistry and has been in Charlotte for 24 years. He and his wife have two daughters and four grandchildren.
Morrissette's responsibilities include the following:
Fair Housing and Public Accommodations
* plans, coordinates, directs and manages the Fair Housing Program and Public Accommodations complaints
* reviews staff work
* advises staff regarding conflict management, anti-discrimination laws, ordinances and regulations
* provides staff training in processing complaints of discriminatory treatment and mediation/conciliation
* provides staff assistance to the CRC Director by administering financial and personnel policies
monitoring the CRC budget and grant funds
* prepares and monitors the CRC annual strategic operations plan, including goals, objectives and targets
Fair housing protected classes are race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability and family status.
Public accommodation protected classes are race, color, religion, national origin and gender.
Assists the CRC director in developing, directing and implementing programs and activities that develop, maintain and improve community relations in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.
* Assists the CRC director in informing the Community Relations Committee membership of community
problems and recommends solutions
* implements approved courses of action
* establishes performance standards and evaluates the performance of staff
* meets with community groups regarding community relations.