The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Medallion Award is presented each year on Martin Luther King Jr. Day during the National Day of Celebration. It is given to individuals in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community who exemplify the ideals of Dr. King.
Nominate someone for the Medallion Award.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
1. Be a resident of Charlotte-Mecklenburg
2. Promote the ideals of racial equality and social justice as espoused by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. including, but not limited to
- Celebrating and promoting the worth of all human beings
- Pursuing equal rights by non-violent means
- Encouraging people of diverse cultures to live together in a spirit of love and acceptance
- Active involvement in community service
- Resisting injustice wherever it is found
- Promoting inter-group relations and understanding