The City of Charlotte has a long history of creating and implementing strategies to support and encourage local business growth. In April 2013, the Charlotte City Council voted to replace the City’s Small Business Opportunity Program with the Charlotte Business INClusion program. In adopting the Charlotte Business INClusion program, City Council reaffirmed and accepted the 2011 Disparity Study findings and conclusions and the Lee Report.
The City has since phased the Charlotte Business INClusion program into all of its practices and procedures. Charlotte Business INClusion will seek to enhance competition in City contracting and procurement opportunities for Minority, Women, and Small Business Enterprises (MWSBEs) headquartered in the Charlotte Combined Statistical Area.
Benefits of SBE Certification
- You can bid on formal and informal City contracts
- Your company information is included in the Citywide Vendor List
- You'll receive more frequent notices of contracting opportunities
- Attend Doing Business With the City orientation
- Networking events and opportunities
- Business and technical assistance
If you have questions or need information not found on this page, please call the Charlotte Business INClusion office at 704-336-4137 or send an email email@example.com.