FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Contact: Haley Gentry, 704-359-4933
Charlotte Douglas International Airport is reminding air travelers to be prepared by "parking smart" this upcoming summer season and plan ahead for a smooth departure and arrival. The FREE Cell Phone lot is a great alternative for short term parking, while waiting for passengers to arrive. It is conveniently located near the terminal building. Charlotte Douglas International Airport served more than 38 million passengers in 2010, with many originating their flights and parking at CLT. All passengers and visitors are encouraged to plan their parking with SmartPark.
SmartPark – Think It.
CLT encourages all passengers to think ahead and park smart by:
- Knowing your ABC’s…
A= Ample Parking Available
B= Be Prepared, Allow Time to Park
C= Congested Parking Conditions, Expect Delays
- Know the number, know the website. For up-to-date parking availability, call 704-359-5555 or visit charlotteairport.com, where maps are also available.
- Visit CLT’s parking site with real time parking info for mobile phones: http://parking.charlotteairport.com
- Arriving early, taking your time and packing your patience.
SmartPark – Plan It.
Plan your parking options--
- Long-Term $4.00 Daily Maximum
- Daily/Daily North
$1.00 per hour
$6.00 Daily Maximum
$10.00 Daily Maximum
- Business Valet - CLT’s BEST Parking Deal! Looking for Guaranteed Airport Parking? Just drop your vehicle off with the valet representative and take a 5-minute shuttle bus ride to the Ticketing level. Upon your return, catch the Business Valet bus on the Ticketing level and return to pick up your vehicle.
- Hourly Parking - Free for the first 30 minutes
$16.00 Daily Maximum
- Curbside Valet $19.00 Daily Maximum
Simply drop your vehicle off at the end of the Ticketing level with the valet representative.
Upon your return, come back to Curbside Valet to pick up your vehicle.
- Cell Phone lot-FREE!
Wait in your vehicle and ask your passenger to contact you via cell phone when they claim their luggage, then drive to the Baggage Claim area to pick them up.
SmartPark – Park It.
- Get dropped off at the Airport, carpool, ride CATS, Airport Sprinter or use one of the many taxi and ground transportation companies serving the Airport.
- Use the Airport’s FREE Cell Phone lot, located on Rental Car Road. Simply tell your party to call you on your cell when they arrive and head to the curbside once you get the call.
- Be sure to take a lot locator card from the SmartPark Maps inside the parking lot bus shelters. This will help you locate your car upon return.
- Please remember that only immediate loading and unloading are permitted on the curbside. It is prohibited to leave vehicles unattended on Departures/Ticketing or Arrivals/Baggage Claim levels. If your vehicle is left unattended, it will be ticketed and towed.
- If you are picking up loved ones and want to greet them in the terminal, take advantage of free parking in the Hourly decks. The first 30 minutes in the Hourly decks are free.
Before you pack your bags, make sure you know the latest security regulations.
- Be sure to know TSA’s 3-1-1 procedures for carry-on luggage: three ounces - one quart -one bag. Passengers may carry up to three ounces of liquids and gels in carry-on luggage, but they must be stored in a one quart size clear plastic zip-top bag, and each passenger is allowed one bag. Liquids or gels can also be carried in checked luggage.
- Allow plenty of time. Increased passenger volumes are expected during this period. Longer than usual wait times at airline check-ins and security checkpoints can be expected during peak periods.
For more information about Charlotte Douglas International Airport, visit charlotteairport.com or call CDIAL, the Airport’s automated phone information at 704-359-4910. To get up-to-date flight information, call 704-359-DATA (3282).
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is owned and operated by the City of Charlotte. Serving more than 38 million passengers in 2010, CLT is ranked 7th nationally in airport operations and 11th in passengers.* Seven major carriers, 14 regional carriers and two foreign flag carriers offer 703 daily flights from CLT with nonstop service to 137 destinations, including 35 international locations. *Data from Airports Council International