Interim City Manager Julie Burch has announced that City of Charlotte offices will close at 3 p.m. today, with the exception of field operations and essential services.
Residents can get updates regarding any service changes through the following mediums:
- CharMeck Alert Center at http://emergency.charmeck.org features the latest information on City services, including CATS bus schedules and other updates.
- NotifyMe – To receive emergency notifications via email or text, you can subscribe to the NotifyMe service by clicking here.
- GOV Channel – You can tune in to Cable 16 or view the live stream at http://govchannel.charmeck.org. Live tickers will display the latest emergency information.
- Social media – You can also follow the City via social media on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Local media – Any closures or delays will be submitted to local media immediately.
Residents are advised to use extra caution when traveling in wintry weather conditions. Drive slowly and allow extra following distance and commute time. Stay back from large vehicles salting and brining roads. Allow emergency vehicles plenty of room to get around you. If salt or brine gets on your car, a good wash should remove it.