FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Contact: Charita Curtis
704-432-3538 or email@example.com
The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky item collection services according to the normal schedule on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart
- Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the recycling rollout cart
- Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than 5 feet in length and no larger than 4 inches in diameter
- Yard waste should be separated in piles small enough for one person to carry
- Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on day of collection
- Place collection items within 2 feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk
- Allow 3 feet between your garbage cart, recycling cart, yard waste, bulky items and other obstacles
- Call 311 to schedule bulky item collection
For more information, please call 311 (704-336-7600). Residents can also get additional item preparation information at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.