FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
EVENING TRAFFIC/TRANSIT UPDATE & REMINDERS
for updated traffic maps.
- On Thursday, there will likely be periodic traffic disruptions in the vicinity of Bank of America Stadium to allow for the removal of fencing and security barriers.
- A new map for Friday has been included on the site.
Charlotte Area Transit (CATS) Info
Stay tuned to dncinfo.charlottenc.gov and ridetransit.org for information and updates.
Temporary Transit Center service
Due to the change of venue for President Obama’s acceptance speech at Time Warner Arena, the temporary transit center will remain at Third Street and Mint Street through Thursday, September 6. CATS continues to have tents, restrooms, pass sales/lost and found, and ambassadors on site Thursday to assist. We appreciate your patience this week and look forward to moving back and operating from the permanent transit center on Friday.
Gold Rush Service Routing
- The Gold Rush service (Red and Orange Lines) will operate altered routes through Thursday, September 6.
- On September 5, the Orange Line will operate on Tryon and Church Streets heading North on Tryon Street. On September 6th the Orange Line will use Tryon and College Streets heading South on Tryon Street.
- Red and Orange Lines will run from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. tomorrow.
LYNX Blue Line
- The LYNX Blue Line will continue to operate from I-485 at South Blvd. to the Stonewall Station.
- There will be no service to 3rd Street Station, CTC/Arena Station or 7th Street Station.
- Full service for the LYNX Blue Line will be restored on Friday, September 7.
- The last train will leave the Stonewall Station at 2:00 a.m.