FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Contact: Linda Durrett, Charlotte Department of Transportation
704-336-3902 or email@example.com
Several uptown streets will close this week for Taste of Charlotte on June 7-9. Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes around the uptown area. Those wishing to attend the events or needing to commute to the center city are strongly advised to utilize CATS buses and the LYNX Blue Line Light Rail.
- Motorists should allow for additional commute time
- During weekday work hours, uptown workers should arrive early and leave early if possible
- Commuters should utilize the I-277 loop/exit closest to their location
TASTE OF CHARLOTTE: JUNE 7-9
The annual Taste of Charlotte festival will be held on Tryon Street between Sixth Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Streets closed for set-up at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 6:
- Trade Street between Church Street and College Street
- Tryon Street between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and Sixth Street (all cross streets except Trade Street will remain open)
- Streets closed for set-up at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 6:
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth Streets between College Street and Church Street
- The streets above will reopen Friday, June 7 from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and then will close again.
- All streets will reopen Sunday, June 9 at 10:00 p.m.
For more information about riding CATS and LYNX, pick up locations and stops, go to www.ridetransit.org