FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, September 26, 2011
Contact: Camden Coley, 704-391-5106
All five wastewater treatment plants earned Peak Performance Awards from the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) for the calendar year ending 2010. NACWA Peak Performance Awards recognize wastewater treatment professionals throughout the nation for protecting the environment and public health through outstanding treatment and discharge regulatory compliance.
- for a third year, totaling seven consecutive years of perfect compliance at McDowell Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- for six consecutive years of perfect compliance at Mallard Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- for 1 year of perfect compliance (their 3rd consecutive gold) at McAlpine Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- for 1 year of perfect compliance at Sugar Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- for five or fewer violations in a one-year period at Irwin Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
"Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department has a primary goal to serve customers," said CMUD Director Barry Gullet. "Our employees are proud of their professional achievements toward this one goal, which allowed these awards to happen. We are proud of our dedicated workforce that makes this system run, and prouder to serve the community that supports it."