Garbage is collected once a week on your scheduled collection day. To find your collection day, visit the GeoPortal system. Enter your address in the Search box and click on Services.
Items Accepted For Garbage Collection:
- Regular household garbage
- Old clothing
- Paper products
- Dried paint cans without lids
- Kitty litter and soiled infant diapers (double-bagged)
Items Not Accepted For Garbage Collection:
- Plastics and aluminum (banned from the landfill - must be recycled)
- Dead animals (Click here for dead animal collection information)
- Empty cardboard (cut into 3 feet x 3 feet pieces and place in the recycling cart)
- Recyclable materials (please place in the recycling cart)
- Bulky waste
- Yard waste
- Hot ashes
- Motor oil
- Wet paint
- Pool chemicals
- Flammable liquids
- Other hazardous materials
How To Prepare Garbage For Collection:
- Place the garbage cart at the curb by 6:30 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill carts or place garbage items outside of the cart. Items outside the rollout cart will not be collected.
- Please place the cart within six feet of the curb and with the handle facing toward your property. Do not block the sidewalk.
- Please allow three feet of space between collection items and other obstacles such as mailboxes, phone poles and vehicles.
- Place the cart at the curb no sooner than than the day before collection. The cart must be removed from the curb by midnight on the day of collection. A minimum $50 citation may be issued if you place the cart at the curb sooner than the day before collection or leave it at the curb past midnight on your collection day.
If you are a customer with a disability or other physical limitation that does not permit you to roll the cart to the curb, click here or call 311 (704.336.7600) to discuss special arrangements for collection.
Small Business Garbage Collection
Business garbage collection is normally separate from residential garbage collection. Click here for more information.