FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538 or 704-363-5104 (cell)
The holidays generate tons of waste and Solid Waste Services is ready to collect. To ensure items are collected on schedule, Charlotte residents are reminded of the following:
- Holiday collection services are provided. Curb It! services – residential garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items – will be provided according to the regular schedule on Friday, December 24. All services except yard waste will be provided on Monday, December 27 and Friday, December 31.
- Yard waste will not be collected December 27-31. Collection services for yard waste will resume on January 3.
- Bag extra garbage. Extra garbage outside the rollout cart will be collected until December 31. Extra garbage must be bagged and placed beside (not on top) of the garbage cart.
- Properly prepare Christmas trees for collection. Beginning January 3, Solid Waste Services will collect natural Christmas trees as a part of the Curb It! yard waste collection program.
- Artificial trees should be scheduled for bulky item collection. To schedule a bulky item collection, call 311 (704.336.7600) or schedule online at http://curbit.charlottenc.gov. Before placing trees at the curb, all decorations must be removed. Residents living in multi-family communities that are on the City’s multi-family contract can call 311 to schedule Christmas tree collection.
- Place items curbside. Collection items must be placed at the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Recycle. Residents are encouraged to recycle, including gift wrap and cardboard. For a list of items accepted in the Recycle It! program and directions on how to properly prepare recyclables, call 311 or visit http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on all Curb It! services, call 311 or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov.