Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
August 30, 2011 – (Charlotte, NC) – The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services collection crews will collect garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items according to the normal schedule on Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
While enjoying holiday festivities, residents are encouraged to recycle. As a reminder, the week of September 5 is a green recycling collection week. Residents on green collection week should place their recycling carts curbside on their scheduled collection day.
A few tips to help residents properly prepare recyclables for collection include:
• Rinse and remove all food/liquid residue from recyclable items
• Remove caps and lids from bottles and containers
• Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the recycling cart
• Cut cardboard into sections small enough to fit into the recycling cart
• Please do not overfill the recycling cart
• Place the recycling cart curbside by 6:30 am on your scheduled collection day
Place the recycling cart within 2 feet of the curb and at least 3 feet away from other collection items and obstacles such as mailboxes, vehicles and phone poles.
For more information on Curb It! collection services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704.336.7600).