FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 22, 2013
Contact: Charita Curtis, 704-432-3538
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will provide Curb It! collection services of garbage, recycling, yard waste and bulky waste according to the normal schedule on Labor Day, Monday, September 2. Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
• Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart.
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on day of collection. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
• Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
• Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov to schedule bulky waste collection.
Also, residents are reminded that the new recycling collection calendar is available online at http://recycleit.charlottenc.gov.
For more information on all Curb It! collection services, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704-336-7600).