FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 6, 2014
CHARLOTTE - The City of Charlotte Solid Waste Services will not collect garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky waste on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 20. Collection services will operate on a one-day delay for the entire week with Friday customers receiving service on Saturday, January 25.
Residents are reminded of the following tips to ensure collection:
• Bag all garbage before placing it in the garbage rollout cart. Do not overfill the cart.
• Remove food/liquid residue and lids from all recyclable containers before placing them in the recycling cart. Do not bag recyclables.
• Trimmings from shrubs and trees must be no longer than five feet in length and no larger than four inches in diameter.
• Place leaves in untied plastic bags or uncovered trash cans (not City-issued rollout carts).
• Place collection materials curbside by 6:30 am on collection day. Rollout carts must be removed from curbside by midnight the same day.
• Place collection items within six feet of the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk.
• Call 311 (704.336.7600) or visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov to schedule bulky waste collection.
For more information, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311 (704-336-7600).